Long gone are the days when downloading music took hours, navigating through the traps of malware-infested pop-ups to finally have music on your computer or phone. Music fans no longer need to spend hours searching for a song and downloading it from dubious websites. Apps like Spotify and Apple Music have made it easy, fast and efficient to listen to music on a whim, even without Wi-Fi or data.
According to Statista, Spotify users grew tenfold between early 2015 and 2022 with 182 million Premium listeners worldwide in June 2022, showing the popularity of the music streaming app, even for the paid version. The only feature that is worth it is its download option.
Stuck with a Spotify username? :Here’s how to change your Spotify display name.
Spotify Pie Chart:How to see the new feature for users to see their top genres, artists
How to Download Songs from Spotify
Whether you’re preparing for a long flight or a cross-country road trip, downloading your favorite songs or albums is a must. And with Spotify Premium, it’s an easy task.
- Open Spotify on your iPhone or Android phone. Log in to your account if you are not already logged in.
- At the bottom, click Search and use the search bar to find the song or album you want to download.
- If it’s an album or a playlist, as soon as you click on it, you can find the download symbol – a circled down arrow – next to the heart button, just below the album cover. By clicking on it, you will download it immediately.
- If it’s a particular song from an album or playlist, the easiest way to download it is to like the song by clicking the heart button. This will add the song to your Liked Songs playlist, then you can download the playlist the same way as the previous step.
- If the song is in a single format like an album, you can directly download that song by tapping the Download symbol.
- To check your downloads, go to Your Library in the bottom right and click the Downloaded tab at the top.
Looking to post a duet on TikTok? :Here’s how to do it in 9 easy steps.
Just curious:Answering your daily questions about life
Quick Tips to Download Songs from Spotify
- Podcasts, audio shows, and playlists can be downloaded the same way as albums.
- Downloads can be found in Your Library.
- Songs cannot be downloaded through Spotify Web Player, only on mobile or desktop app.
- A green download button or down arrow indicates that the download was successful.