Music is an important part of our daily life. Whether we’re going through unbearable heartbreak never experienced before, celebrating moments of joy, or relaxing, there’s a piece of music to match that particular mood. Specifically, we tend to listen to high-energy songs when exercising or moving around. Apple Music supports downloading tracks to the company watch for offline listening. This lets you leave your iPhone at home while jogging, without missing the beats – assuming you have Bluetooth headphones to connect to your watch. Spotify recently followed suit and started offering a similar feature to its Premium users. Here is a detailed guide on how to download Spotify music to your Apple Watch.
How to Download Spotify Music to Your Apple Watch
Before you start, you need to make sure that you are subscribed to Spotify Premium. That’s on top of having an Apple Watch Series 3 (or later) running watchOS 6 (or newer). Update Spotify from the App Store, then follow the steps below:
- Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Head to the playlist you want to download to your Apple Watch.
- Click on the 3-dot menu button.
- To select Download on Apple Watch.
- A pop-up window will inform you that the download process has started. You can check the progress through the Spotify app on your Apple Watch.
- If you change your mind and decide to delete a playlist, you can delete it from your Apple Watch through the same 3-dot menu.
- When you want to listen to your Spotify library offline on watchOS, just connect Bluetooth headphones to your Apple Watch. Launch Spotify on the small screen – where you’ll be greeted by the Now Playing filter.
- Swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right. You will find there the Downloads section that includes your offline music.
Being able to listen to Spotify Music on our Wi-Fi only Apple Watches is such an underrated feature. Gone are the days when you had to carry a phone when you went for a run. It should be noted, however, that Spotify does not support downloading the liked songs playlist – for some reason. It’s a bit confusing because this playlist is semi-auto-generated and just needs users to like their favorite tracks, which makes it really easy to create a loop of your favorite tracks without a second thought. If you want to download your favorite songs from Spotify, you will need to create your own playlist, add the songs you like to it, and then follow the steps listed above to download it.
Which music streaming service do you use the most and why? Let us know in the comments section below.