Fat Cat Music Group is looking for an intern to join our team for a 3 month internship. The internship is very versatile and would be an opportunity to be part of all aspects of the day-to-day running of a booking agency and boutique management. This is an in-person, hands-on course, with a commitment of approximately 1 day per week. We are looking for someone who would work closely with our small team to gain valuable experience in the music industry, with the possibility of continued work for the right person.
You will have the opportunity to work and learn in many areas such as:
- Negotiate and contract agreements and record performances
- Updating websites and databases of artists and press kits
- Research assistance
- Reservation, planning and logistics of visits
- Recording of Music and Performance Works (APRA)
- Development and distribution of artist merchandise
- Writing and blogging
- Occasional administrative tasks
If there’s anything in particular you’d like to learn or experience, we’re more than willing to help.
What we are looking for:
- Good written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- desire to learn
- Passion for the music industry and willingness to help with a variety of tasks
- Someone currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in the creative industries, business/marketing, or arts.
In exchange we offer:
- You will gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills that you can then apply to your future studies or employment in the music industry.
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most prominent musicians, agents, managers and event planners in the international electronic music scene.
- Your internship may be accredited according to the relevant study requirements within your undergraduate program (subject to institutional approval)
- A written letter of reference or reference for a future job/employer
- The possibility of continued work for the right person.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by meeting the selection criteria of the ad and answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in the music/entertainment industry?
- Tell us about your career goals or where you would like to move in the industry.